Traffic sign recognition consists of the following stages:
- detection for candidates for the road sign on image;
- recognition of the candidate for the road sign (this is not a sign / is a sign) and calculating the probability;
- combining recognition results from several frames and obtaining a motion path.
The following video shows the recognition of the speed limit sign:
Algorithm for recognizing the speed sign on the image:
- make binarization;
- find contours;
- check the contour of the circle;
- conduct an internal contour analysis of the content and find the contours of numbers;
- compare the figures found with the number patterns.